Monday, February 27, 2017

Khan/Koller Review

Looking on the Khan Academy site, I first began to look at some of the subject areas I struggled with in high school. I feel that if I were aware that this site existed I may have tried it out. While browsing it was pretty straight forward on how to get to different things and I liked how organized the site as a whole was. I would definitely encourage students to use this site, because I know there are many students out there who are like I was in school. I didn’t like asking for help, or getting extra help outside of the classroom. I feel that Khan Academy helps students like I was get that extra help they may need at a more convenient time for them. Watching a few videos I feel Khan did an exceptionally good job on taking the time to explain each topic, as well as it being easy to follow along and learn from. Lastly I think Khan is right when he talked about relying more on credentialing through online courses. In my opinion I think this style of learn is very much so more accessible for many students. I feel this way because it allows students to learn at their own pace as well as in an environment that may be more comfortable for them.



As I began to explore the courser course offerings, one that looked the most interesting to me was the courses on Virtual teaching. I think this is interesting because many schools offer online options, so being able to take courses to help educators do their job better, as well as teach those that are interested is beneficial. I feel the Coursera courses look pretty interesting for the most part; the part of the course that I looked at was pretty much the same type of assignments each week. It may not be that way for all course options, but that is one part I didn’t necessarily like. On the other hand it could very much be like that depending on the type of professor you have.  Lastly I agree that MOOCs could very much be the “wave of the future.” In my opinion, I would rather take online courses; I’ve found that my performance is better when I’m able to do things at my own pace. After graduating I plan on attending a school with an online program for my major. Columbus State is also one of many schools that accept Coursera credits for students looking to transfer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment