Sunday, February 5, 2017

Ohio Distance Learning Schools

Looking at the five distance learning options, all the choices had good qualities in my opinion; but the school that stood out the most to me would be the Virtual Community School of Ohio. I especially liked this program because it focuses on many things that parents worry about when looking into online schooling. For younger and elementary students, the program is very interactive, giving parents and children the opportunity to work closely together. The middle and high school program gives students flexibility as well as early graduation opportunities. All students are provided with a desktop computer or laptop, and a scanner/printer, as well as being provided with technical training and support throughout their educational experiences. The Virtual Community School of Ohio also uses a variety of learning activities for various learning styles. I also like that there is a special needs program for students with mental illnesses. As well as assigned staff who work closely with these students to insure their learning experience beneficial. Lastly, I found it very helpful that the family and student handbook is linked to their site, so all the information you may need to know is available to you first hand.

           
The program I wouldn’t choose for my child would be The Virtual Schoolhouse. When I first began to explore their site, I didn’t see much that stood out from any other ordinary online program. I feel that when looking into online schooling the things that stand out the most to me is how much parents are involved in their child’s learning, especially for younger grade levels. Also making sure that the needs are met for all different types of learners, as well as providing the resources needed to insure positive growth throughout each program.  Although I wouldn’t necessarily pick this program for my child, I do feel that its mission is good, and that’s to allow children to succeed by providing multiple educational options for different learning styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment